Paradise Island is very proud of its humble beginnings. What started out as a weekend picnic destination back in the seventies, catering mostly to friends and their families has become what it is today as not only the preferred island getaway for families but is also the byword for those growing impulsive groups who are so busy and yet wise enough to squeeze - in leisure in their hectic schedules at the spur of the moment.
Having a shoreline of almost eight hundred meters (800m), it is the only place in this part of Samal Island that has maintained its shores by feeding the fishes, clean them with having periodic “Scubasurero Activities”, and has placed a “safety net” to ward off jelly fish and rubbish, discouraging anglers from poaching the area and encouraging its visitors to enjoy the marine life and leave the same so that others may also enjoy them. Its white sand beach as well as its surroundings are combed and cleaned throughout the day giving a pure and clean ambiance for its visitors and workers alike.
The swimming area is adequately manned by lifeguards all day which makes swimming more enjoyable and worry free even for young kids and a few strokes farther leads you to an area perfect for snorkeling or even diving. Surely, a wet experience beyond compare to a man – made swimming pool.
Only seven (7) minutes away and traffic-free from Davao City, Paradise Island is very near and visitors are ferried by a fleet of ten (10) colorful boats efficiently operated by the management of the resort from 5:00 AM up to 5:00 PM. After 5:00 PM, those who wish to go to Samal Island may ride the Ferry Boat (see Travel Map for directions) which serves the public until 11:00 PM.. Guests staying at Waterfront Insular Hotel Davao may arrange a boat trip to Paradise Island and back at the reception. This is the shortest route from Davao City which only takes five (5) minutes.
Car owners need not worry where to park their cars when going to Paradise. Our dock has a wide, fenced and canopied parking area that can accommodate a sizeable number of vehicles and is secured 24/7. If you wish not to part with your cars and plan to bring them to the island, we also have an equally secured place to park your cars inside the resort.
We have made taking care of the Marine Life on our shores a serious business and commitment. Left with a dying coral garden and diminishing fish population due to illegal and dynamite fishing before, the Management became more aggressive and is doing everything to stop all forms of fishing within the resort’s perimeter and applied for said area to be converted into a “Dive Zone” hoping to apply more teeth in safeguarding the shores from anglers who do not care much.
With this strong commitment in mind, we go out of our ways to find solutions in keeping up with a modern approach in taking care of our environment and set the pace among the industry players in Samal Island.
The Guests’ Well-being remains the top priority on our list. The Resort’s Management especially its Safety and Security Team pledge to look after the welfare of all guests. Training programs are well in place throughout the year to keep up with the times and having drills on a regular basis to ensure that the systems flow smoothly during emergencies.
- Bomb Awareness Program - this exercise is undertaken yearly with the help of the Provincial Police Office of Davao Province.
- Monthly Fire Drill - the drill is being undertaken every second Thursday of each month. This is the time when all fire fighting equipment are tested and accounted for.
- First Aid Seminar - being conducted bi – annually before each peak season (Christmas holidays and summer).
- Lifeguards Re – orientation - taking place just before each peak season wherein the lifeguards re – train on their swimming and life – saving techniques.
- Sea - Tragedy Drill - a major activity which requires almost everybody and also taking place before summer and Christmas holidays.
- Gun Handling Training - this is done once a year for the Guards to establish a routine so that they can perform effectively during emergencies.
- Nurse on Duty - nurse on duty at the resort’s infirmary.
- Doctor on Call - Doctor on Call from the neighboring area.
- Security Details - Security Guards surround the Resort and augmented by the local Police during night time.
- CCTV Cameras - CCTV cameras are installed in strategic places around the resort.
* Paradise Island has established connections with 911 in Davao City as an option for help in case of emergencies especially involving life – threatening situations.